Friday, August 20, 2010

Area Coordinator Spotlight!

Amanda McConnell
  • Hometown: Grinnell, Iowa
  • Undergraduate institution: Hope College, Intercultural Studies major
  • Grad institution (and program): University of Maryland, College Park. College Student Personnel
  • Organizations I was/am involved with include…Omicron Delta Kappa, ACPA, NASPA. At U of Maryland: Ten Man/Ten Woman Plan (A Sexual Assault Prevention Program). At Hope College: Phelps Scholars Living-Learning Program, Hope's Asian Perspective Association, Black Student Union, International
  • Favorite places to visit: Tokyo, Japan; Seoul, South Korea; New Zealand; Melbourne, Australia; anywhere my friends live!
  • Favorite food: Sushi, Korean, or Thai!
  • The reason I work in res life is…I love working with students and helping them grow during college.
  • My favorite thing about St. Olaf is….the great sense of community!!!
  • What do I do in my free time: watch tv/movies
  • One thing students should know about meI am very passionate about Social Justice.
This is Amanda's first year at St. Olaf. She's the Area Coordinator in Thorson and Mohn. She lives in Thorson Hall and has office hours in both buildings. You can reach her at mcconnel@stolaf.edu or 507-581-2090.

No comments: